Anthony SanFilippo, Russ Joy, and Chris Therien aka Bundy discuss the biggest stories surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers on and off the ice on Snow The Goalie: A Flyers Podcast.
On this special episode, Anthony SanFilippo and Russ Joy take a trip down memory lane. The guys discuss how Snow The Goalie started, the radio days on 610 ESPN, the first offer to acquire the show, a radio deal that almost was, The Press Row Show, covering the team with no fans in the stands, an offer to acquire and rebrand the show in June 2023, and how the decision was made to partner with the Philadelphia Flyers.
SNOW THE GOALIE MERCH: https://shop.snowthegoalie.com/
- 0:00:00 – Five years ago
- 0:00:46 – Intros
- 0:02:25 – How Snow The Goalie started
- 0:07:24 – Favorite moments from early interviews
- 0:12:00 – The launch of The Press Row Show
- 0:13:05 – Covering the team without fans in the arena
- 0:16:54 – Bundy revealed as “The Third Man”
- 0:19:15 – Snow The Goalie Radio on 610 ESPN
- 0:23:00 – The radio deal that almost was
- 0:26:40 – The first offer to acquire the show
- 0:29:20 – Pushback from the old “new” leadership
- 0:34:00 – A wild start to 2023
- 0:36:05 – An offer to acquire and rebrand the show
- 0:42:55- The Flyers reach out about a partnership
- 0:48:00 – Maintaining creative control and journalistic integrity
- 0:52:33 – The Press Row Show is back!
- 1:04:29 – Excitement for the partnership
- 1:08:25 – Interested in writing or doing social media? Contact us.
- 1:11:40 – Odds and ends